It may be ideal for bed time or to help kids simply relax. It may help with bullying too.
2 Easy ways to help kids ground their energy
This is a question I ask my Connected Kids students when they are learning to teach kids meditation.
It is one of the simplest ways to remedy our energy yet we often don’t notice what ‘being ungrounded’ is (until things really go pear-shaped!)
Being ungrounded means
- feeling overwhelmed
- unable to think clearly
- in the fight/flight/freeze response
- sensitive to others/environment triggering strong reactions
- unable to sleep easily
- poor coordination
- poor attention on a task
- never completing anything
- wanting to eat and graze
- tension in the body
- unable to relax and switch off
Helping children sleep with meditation
We’ve just announced our next online talk taking place on Monday 11th February at 8pm (live and recorded). Lorraine Murray, founder and author of Connected Kids, will give tips and ideas to use meditation to help kids sleep (and get up for school!)
There are limited places.
Mindfulness Kids Peace Summit
The founder of Wuf Shanti, 14-year old Adam Avin, has rounded up some amazing people who share their practices, techniques and tools in mindfulness for kids.
This summit will support ideas for kids ages 11 to 16.
- Connected Kids foundation course – online or in-class) (This is the gateway to our professional level)
- Books – Calm Kids (beginners) or Connected Kids (working with special needs/anxiety).
- Free Meditation downloads for children/teens/autism – created by the international trainer, expert and founder of Connected Kids programme.
Mental Health Day
As someone who teaches meditation and mindfulness, this is a key part of the work I do. It’s why I set up Connected Kids as I have witnessed, many times, how teaching kids, teens and adults meditation helps improve their mental health.
But mental health isn’t the whole picture. We have emotional and physical health to consider and these are inextricably linked to our mental health. Continue reading
A quick tip to explain meditation to kids or teens
Founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine Murray, shares a simple idea to help motivate your kids to try meditation.
Learn meditation – for you and your kids
If you want some creative inspiration you can listen to one of our Meditation CDs for children/teens >>>