Update re COVID-19 Lockdown
Due to COVID-19 we are only offering our training sessions via our online programme. We will review this by the end of July 2020
Please check below for specific details in relation to COVID-19 as of 10th June 2020.
Workshop – booking conditions
As of 10th June 2020, COVID-19 conditions. We will honour a full refund on any bookings of our in-person workshops (London/Edinburgh) in 2020 if there is an enforced cancellation of travel or lockdown due to UK and Scotland-wide restrictions. We will also offer the option to transfer the course to a date in 2021 or to transfer to an online course with no transfer fees.
- Your place is only confirmed on receipt of the full payment due (foundation) and deposit (professional level/trainer), in advance of the course. If paying by bank transfer, your place is not confirmed till the payment is received. We do not hold bookings for bank transfer payments. When you book a place using our online booking, you’ll be sent an email with bank details. Use this to make the payment (and please check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive it within 24 hours of the booking).
- A request will be sent to you for the final payment (professional/trainer) 4 weeks before the course. If this is not paid within 7 days of the email date, you will lose your place and your deposit.
- While we take every precaution possible Connected Kids ltd will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings or safety while on the premises where the courses take place.
- Please inform us by email if you are taking any medication or suffering from any illness/ill health in advance of attending.
- Please do not decrease/stop any medication you are receiving from your medical care provider unless they advise you to do so.
- Discounts – only one discount applies at any one time unless advised otherwise.
- We reserve the right to withdraw discounts without notice.
Late Cancellation Charges – foundation/professional workshops
As of 10th June 2020, COVID-19 conditions. We will honour a full refund on any bookings of our in-person workshops (London/Edinburgh) in 2020 if there is an enforced cancellation of travel or lockdown due to UK and Scotland-wide restrictions. We will also offer the option to transfer the course to a date in 2021 or to transfer to an online course with no transfer fees. This will not apply if you have already transferred to an online course. These terms currently replace the normal terms as stated below.
If you give notice that you can’t attend a course but this is a minimum of 28 days before the course date, it may be possible to transfer to another date with an processing charge of £75 plus vat (foundation) £150 plus vat (professional level) payable. This is at the discretion of Connected Kids ltd and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
If you book a course and can’t attend and give less than the agreed 28 days notice, Connected Kids ltd may offer you the online course – at their discretion – however you will be liable for the purchase of any required reading material and the above transfer fees.
Online Courses – terms
When purchasing an online course, you have 14 days to change your mind regarding any of our online courses. We will issue a refund following your request provided the first module of the online course has not been activated. You must confirm this cancellation in writing by email (and to qualify we must acknowledge receipt).
If your access to the mindful parenting or connected kids foundation or professional online course expires, you can extend this for another 6 months.
To activate, log in to the members link and follow the instructions.
- Extension fee for mindful parenting – £10 plus vat
- Extension fee for foundation – £25 plus vat
- Extension fee for professional – £75 plus vat
Contacting Connected Kids Trainers
If you are booking a Connected Kids course offered by a Connected Kids Trainer (other than the founder, Lorraine E Murray) this will be clearly stated at the time of booking. Connected Kids ltd takes no responsibility for the supply or content of the courses offered by other Connected Kids Trainers of the Connected Kids Programme. Please refer to each trainer’s terms and conditions regarding your course booking.
Following any advice from courses/books
Connected Kids Trainers are not medical practitioners. If completing the Connected Kids course/reading the Calm Kids/Connected Kids books that you do not take your children off any medication without medical advice. Nor use our suggestions as an alternative to medical advice.
Contacting Connected Kids Tutors
If you contact any of the Connected Kids Tutors listed on our register, please ensure they have up-to- date practice insurance. At the time of their registration we check insurance details. At the time of becoming a Connected Kids tutor, we will check via disclosure/police check to ensure they have no convictions. We take no responsibility for their status beyond the date of registration on our website. Ask the Connected Kids tutor to supply you with this information if you have any concerns.
Level 3 Training – booking terms
After completion of each training and assessment stage of the Level 3 programme, a Connected Kids Tutor will become a Connected Kids Trainer and have permission and the skills to offer courses from the Connected Kids programme. This will be offered *independently of the online/class programme offered by Lorraine E Murray, founder of Connected Kids Ltd.
Level 3 trainers – conditions
On qualification, the Connected Kids trainer commits to registering each of their students and providing a professional level of teaching that includes the use of set materials. Each Connected Kids Trainer will have access to online materials, peer and 121 support and the online system for registering students.
Each Connected Kids student taught by a Level 3 Connected Kids Trainer will be registered with Connected Kids ltd and will have access to online resources to aid good practise and continued learning.
Due to the specialist nature of our Level 3 training refunds are not available. If the booking is cancelled the full payment is still due unless another booking is secured to replace it. There may be the option to transfer the training place to another date – at the discretion of Connected Kids ltd.
If the Connected Kids Trainer is offering training as part of an in-house (non-commercial) teaching programme, they will be permitted to teach up to 10 level 1 students and 10 level 2 students per annum. The organisation/school will be invoiced directly for registered students. If number of students increases beyond this annual figure, Connected Kids will negotiate with the school directly re registering student fees beyond the annual limit.
*While Connected Kids Ltd offers a training programme to people wishing to be a Level 3 Connected Kids Trainer, we take no responsibility for the courses offered by a Connected Kids Trainer – please check their terms and conditions directly.