Certified Professional Training – kids or teens
This certified, professional meditation teacher for kids and teens course includes expert tips and ideas for working with autism, ADHD and reducing anxiety using mindfulness.
Study at a time to suit your schedule – the learning style materials include video, online reading materials, meditation practice recordings and live, online classroom sessions with expert and founder – Lorraine E Murray.
Advance your skill set – teach mindful techniques that work effectively with kids/teens who have special educational needs or challenging behaviour through trauma.
Working directly with the Founder of Connected Kids, Lorraine E Murray (with over 30 years experience) – you will develop a meditation toolkit that is perfect for teaching professionally with children and teens of all abilities.
Lorraine will teach you how to help children and teens reduce stress, anxiety and develop their self regulation and emotional resilience skills using mindful activities.
- Self directed study – 13 modules packed with teaching meditation information based on 17 years of experience, research and practical teaching tips.
- Direct, online training – attend live, online classrooms with the founder, Lorraine Murray to gain internationally-recognised certification.
- Assessment – gain practical experience through completion of our approved assessment to attain the Connected Kid Tutor certificate – providing worldwide insurance for the professional teacher.
- Lifelong support – invited to join our online community of worldwide meditation tutors and experts to share good practice.
*Professional Training syllabus
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Discover the practical benefits of mindfulness for children and teens.
- Understand how meditation helps reduce stress for toddlers to teens
- Understand how to adapt meditation styles to different ages of children/teens
- Learn how to set up a meditation space
- Strenthen your personal meditation practice and learn how it relates to teaching kids
- Learn how to produce meditations that really connect to kids and teen’s needs.
- Learn how to deliver meditations with more confidence and ease.
- Discover how meditation can help children with ADHD or autism or other special needs.
- Expand your meditation ‘tool kit’ to accomodate different abilities/needs in children/teens.
- Learn how to set up a professional meditation programme for kids and teens
- Learn how to support families and caregivers
- Develop a ‘meditation toolkit’ that creates meditations children will love! (mandalas, mudras, labyrinths, crystals/stones, colour, mindfulness, yoga)
- Learn how to work intuitively with a heartfelt teaching practice and develop your ‘business heart’!
- Understand how to reach kids/teens who don’t want to learn meditation!
- Understand the energy centres and how these provide an integral structure when teaching meditation
- Learn about which mindful activities are safe to use with trauma.
- Understand how to help young people process strong reactions to meditation
- **NEW** – learn how to teach kids or teens meditation online!
“Thank you so much for this course. It’s given me the skills to change a lot of young people’s lives which is pretty amazing in itself. “
Listen to this interview with Karen Davies – a professional coach and author – about her experience of the online course.
The certified online professional kids meditation teachers training offers 45 hours of material and provides you with a detailed and interactive experience if your passion is to become a successful, professional kids meditation teacher:
- Module 1 – What is kids/teen’s meditation?
- Module 2 – How to get started creating meditations your kids will love
- Module 3 – How to create a meditation that keeps children connected
- Module 4 – Expanding your ideas that meet age and stage.
- Module 5 – The family benefits of teaching children meditation
- Module 6 – your ‘peace pioneer’ skills – helping you work with the challenges of teaching meditation professionally
- Module 7 – energy awareness for teaching meditation – to accommodate contraindications.
- Module 8 – teaching with the intuitive heart to deliver meditations with compassion and fully understanding the child’s needs.
- Module 9 – child development and special needs – our speciality! What we love to teach.
- Module 10 – enhancing your teaching meditation skills – stretching your abilities so you can realise your true potential.
- Module 11 – developing your teaching mindfulness toolkit to ensure you can reach children of all ages and abilities.
- Module 12 – teaching advanced, mindful activity tools for children with challenging behaviours/trauma.
- Module 13 – developing bespoke meditation programmes to meet the needs of your organisation or community.
- Attendance at to the online classroom with the founder Lorraine Murray, to secure your certification and ask the expert!
Training costs – kids meditation teacher
The cost of the professional stage is *£894 plus tax and includes all modules, online classrooms, certification, lifetime support, online resources and access to our exclusive online group of fellow trainers and experts.
*How much in US dollars? Exchange rate
Live classroom dates 2020
We recommend starting the online self-study a minimum of 4 weeks before the live online classroom dates.
3 monthly sessions – you choose your group (based on BST, UK – or find your timezone here).
Group A -Mondays
- 24th August, 21st September, 19th October 2020
Monday sessions – 4 to 6pm –
or 7 to 9pm – 3 places left
Group B – Wednesdays
- 9th September, 7th October, 4th November 2020
7.30am to 9.30am – 3 places left
For Yoga/Meditation Teachers
Spread the cost
*The certified professional training automatically includes the online foundation stage of the international Connected Kids Programme.